Most federal student loans do not require a co-signer. The one potential exception is PLUS loans. Parent PLUS loans and grad PLUS loans do require applicants to undergo a credit check.
Federal student loans without cosigner is possible. Direct Subsidized Loans, Direct Unsubsidized Loans, and PLUS Loans are three popular direct loan options for U.S. citizens and permanent residents without a cosigner. International students will not be able to borrow money from the federal government.
- 1 Can you get student loans without a co-signer?
- 2 Do you need a cosigner for sixup student loans?
- 3 Do I need a co-signer for an attendance loan?
- 4 What is a no-co-signer student loan?
- 5 How to get a student loan without a cosigner?
- 6 Can you get student loans without a cosigner?
- 7 Should I refinance my federal student loans without a cosigner?
- 8 What are the best student loans?
Can you get student loans without a co-signer?
You can receive federal student loans without a co-signer. If you’ve exhausted your federal aid and need to turn to a private loan, a few lenders do offer funding to students without co-signers.
Do you need a cosigner for sixup student loans?
Sixup offers student loans without requiring a cosigner to help bridge the gap between financial aid and the cost of attendance. Borrowers do not need a credit history, but it will be considered if they have one. And in certain cases, a cosigner might be required.
Do I need a co-signer for an attendance loan?
A co-signer is not required, although you may need an endorser if you have an adverse credit history. Like Direct Unsubsidized and Subsidized Loans, these loans give you access to income-driven repayment plans, extensive forbearance programs and more. Borrow up to the full cost of attendance, minus other financial assistance you receive.
What is a no-co-signer student loan?
With the no-cosigned loan, you’ll have the option to defer repayment up to six months after leaving school. You can also request to enroll in the Graduated Repayment plan which allows borrowers to start with lower payments after graduation that slowly increase to fulfill the loan term.
How to get a student loan without a cosigner?
Can you get student loans without a cosigner?
You can get most federal student loans and student loan refinancing, including Perkins Loan and Stafford Loan programs (for unsubsidized and subsidized loans), without a cosigner. However, cosigning is a standard operating procedure for a private student loan lender.
Should I refinance my federal student loans without a cosigner?
While most federal student loans don’t require a cosigner, there is one exception. If you are a graduate student or parent applying for direct PLUS loans and have a poor credit history, you may not be eligible without an “endorser,” who is similar to a cosigner.
What are the best student loans?
– No federal repayment protections – No federal student loan forgiveness – Subject to the private lender’s repayment terms – No flexibility to alter the repayment plan without refinancing – No income-based repayment option – Irreversible: private loans can’t be converted back to federal loans